Friday, December 4, 2009

November 21st, 2009







Sydney's 2nd birthday party!!! For her birthday we decided to have a big family pasta dinner. Sydney loves pasta and her three favorites are macaroni and cheese, tortellini with pesto, and pasta with a meat sauce. Lauren's favorite is spaghetti and meatballs, so I did pasta with a meat sauce and meatballs to make both girls happy. My dad did a cheese and salami platter for an appetizer and my mom went to MacArthurs Bakery in Kirkwood and bought mini ricotta cannolis, cookies, and an Elmo dollar cake for Sydney. Michelle, Jon, Caleb, and Elizabeth came from Kansas City to the party and the girls had fun doing a sleepover with their cousins. Menu high was the macaroni and cheese, I did it with asiago, cheddar, and provolone, then baked it with herbed breadcrumbs. It was pretty tasty, but I think I made it too adult-ish because the kids weren't too impressed. Menu low was the tortellini with pesto, I ran out of my pesto I keep in the freezer and bought a jarred one. I think it tasted more like comet cleaner than pesto, not good. Most importantly, Sydney had a great evening and loved blowing out not one, but two candles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...