Wednesday, February 9, 2011

7 Ingredient Challenge!

I’m ready to plan February’s 7 ingredient challenge! 

For dinner sometime in the next week or so, I am going to make a meal using (but not limited to) the first 7 ingredients that show up as comments on the blog.  So if you’d like to participate, just leave an ingredient as a comment and if it’s one of the first 7, then it’ll be in the meal in some form!  I’m adding a rule that the ingredient has to be available at a regular grocery store just to make sure I’m not trekking to some small Croatian grocer in search for I don’t even know any Croatian specific ingredients unless I Google it bakalar. 

Thank you for playing! 

Bakalar is some sort of dried cod – eww, yeah, none of that please.  Let’s make it another rule to steer clear of dried meat.

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Pomegranate

Melody said...

Ginger

Shannon said...

Black Beluga Lentils

Trent said...

Sharp cheddar cheese

Anonymous said...

PORK
from dad

julie mur[phy said...

mint

Anonymous said...

ONIONS..... SHALLOTS.....

julie mur[phy said...

As an eater of the 7 ingredient challenge, I was very satisfied with the combination of it all! The lentils were the yummiest to me (perfectly cooked and bacon never hurts!). Also the PB and J bread pudding was sensational. I am not a bread pudding fan usually but it was not too soggy (I hate soggy bread pudding) and cooked perfectly so that the top had a little crust to it!

Ryan said...

All was super yummy. (although I didn't eat any onions). The pork was tender and tangy. The lentils were flawless. I love bread pudding but peanut butter concerns me. however, I had a second helping of this magic PB&J bread pudding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...