Monday, February 7, 2011

February 2nd, 2011

Second snow day in a row.  I was scared it was going to be horrible, 2 days stuck in the house.  Trent’s car is awful in the snow, so we decided it was best for him to take the minivan, so we REALLY couldn’t go anywhere.  I decided we needed to be fairly civilized, so the girls got dressed, I did their hair, and they were off to play.

DSC00260

DSC00265

DSC00266

DSC00267

Most of the morning they played babies in the basement.  When I went to use the treadmill in the basement, they evacuated and went upstairs.

DSC00271

DSC00273

Lauren made train tracks and train cars to “play trains.”  The trains stopped at the lake, zoo, and garden. 

The rest of the day went pretty uneventful, but that’s a good thing. 

DSC00278

Dinner was something I kinda came up with in my head.  Roasted shrimp and cannellini bean salad with an herbed roasted garlic dressing.  I don’t know why, but fish and shellfish make me think of spring and summer.  Maybe because our trips to Destin and Minnesota are fish laden and in spring and summer?  Anyway, anything that distracts me from the cold, snow, and housebound status is a good thing.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I too was a little nervous about day 2 at Snowed Inn but was happy to hear it was great day!! I especially liked the train set that LB made! So clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...