Thursday, March 29, 2012

February 19th, 2012

I really really really have not been making time for my blog lately.  I don’t know where the time goes in my days, but it hasn’t been for my guilty pleasures like watching The View, reading the newspaper the actual day it lands on our yard, catching up on my blogs I read, or posting on my blog.  I am very behind on all those things.  Yesterday I caught up on reading the newspaper.  I now know how the St Patricks Day parade downtown turned out and that we are having an unseasonably warm spring.  I got realistic and deleted all past Views from our dvr.  I apologize to Whoopi for not getting her take on the events of the last month. 

I really think it’s been the warm weather combined with many activities and to do’s, I’ve been out and about more.  Working in the yard and going to the playground have been more important, and rightfully so.  Spring break happened.  My Spring Consignment sale happened. It was a rare occurrence last week when Trent referenced Trayvon Martin and I had no idea what he was talking about.  Normally I’m pretty in the know.  Oh well. Winking smile

So Valentine’s day was a good one.  Not the kind of Valentine’s day my 22 year old self would dream of, but one my 36.5 year old self felt was a good one.

IMG_3628

IMG_3630

Seeing snow on the ground seems so surreal.  I think it was our biggest and pretty much only snow.  Very much okay by me.

I helped out with both the girl’s school parties, which I love.

IMG_3634

IMG_3641

IMG_3642

IMG_3648

IMG_3649

Sydney is lucky, she gets to go to Lauren’s party too and gets to participate in all the fun.  Sydney is pretty much an honorary 1st grader.  She goes to all their parties, field trips, and we go to Lauren’s 2nd recess sometimes and she gets to play with Lauren and her friends.

Valentine’s day night was Sydney’s swim lessons and Trent and I took one of our favorite spin classes at the Y that night from 6-7 pm.  When we all got home these were on our table.  Trent got all his ladies flowers, which were well received.  I can’t even remember what I made for dinner that night.  Normally on Tuesdays I make dinner for Trent and myself while he’s putting the girls to bed.  I think I made a salad of some sort.  Must have been incredibly delicious and oh so memorable.

IMG_3652

So that was Valentine’s day in our family.  Seems like FOREVER ago. 

So onto a different subject, Pinterest.  Another guilty pleasure of mine that I have not indulged in for weeks.  Just haven’t made time for it.  But back in February I came across this pin and knew it would be a big hit in Trent’s world.

IMG_3665

IMG_3662

Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls.  So super easy too!  If you click here there is the step by step with really pretty pictures too.  In fact, through the pin I also became a fan of the blog too and follow it.  That is, when I make the time. Winking smile

1 comment:

Trent said...

This post is a great reminder of what's truly important in life! Friends and family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...