Friday, March 30, 2012

March 1st, 2012

I am now officially past my least favorite part of the calendar.  I absolutely LOVE spring and love summer even more than that.  Only this year I have this feeling like I almost don’t deserve a spring or have that victorious attitude I survived winter and have earned myself a proper spring.  I gave up sweets for Lent and let me tell you once Easter comes, that chocolate bunny I’m going to dip in peanut butter is going to taste great and feel well warranted.  That’s normally how I feel about Spring.  Also all the spring buzz kill information out there about the bugs being out of control, the bees life cycle is off schedule, the weeds are going to ruin everyone’s lawns, global warming, yadda yadda yadda makes me uneasy.  That kind of feeling like I procrastinated on studying for a big test and now have to cram big time under pressure with a bad grade looming over my head.  I blame these.

Rewind to October.  I decided I needed to man up and for the first time in my entire life, purchase a pair of snow boots.  Last winter was miserable and I recalled shoveling lots of snow in my tennis shoes covering toes I could no longer feel.  I wanted to be able to play in the snow with the kids without my ankles wet and frozen.  My 36 year old self felt it was time to accept and embrace when snow came and even give me a reason to buy shoes.  I found a great pair on sale at Land’s End with free shipping.  Winning!  Well, needless to say, I had absolutely no reason to wear them.  They are virgin snow boots in March.  That’s gotta be rock bottom from a snow boot’s perspective.  I am a superstitious gal and feel like I kinda jinxed winter for North America with my snow boot purchase.  Sorry guys, my bad.

That being said, I’m still excited for March and hopeful for a wonderful spring.  I’m excited for doing gardening again, a cicada free spring/summer, watching the lilacs bloom, cutting and putting said lilacs in vases, flip flops, outdoor dining, smelling fresh cut grass, feeling the sun on a playground, and being outside with my outside loving little girls.  I think I’ll get over the feeling I don’t deserve a spring when I’ve got lots of dirt under my fingernails in our veggie garden and I see Lauren and Sydney climbing our blooming dogwood tree.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...