Monday, October 25, 2010

October 10, 2010

My mom is a baker, especially with anything in the bread family.  A sweet treat she would make often was cinnamon rolls.  We would have them for breakfast or dessert hot out of the oven and they were delicious.  When I was in grade school my parents hosted Christmas morning and my mom would either make homemade english muffins or cinnamon rolls.  So to keep with the tradition, I make cinnamon rolls at Christmas and a couple times throughout the year.  I wanted to make some sort of breakfast treat for Kirk and Sally and didn’t want to wake up early to have the bread go through 2 rounds of rising.  I happened upon this recipe for Bite Size Cinnamon Pecan Twirls in Southern Living.

DSC09251

So, so easy!  My intention was a fun breakfast treat for Kirk and Sally, but Kirk and Trent busted out of the house for manly errands and coffee upon awakening and didn’t return until after 11.  But the girls enjoyed seconds thirds of the rolls that morning.  Good thing they had a nice and sugary breakfast, because we then took them to the Columbus Day parade on the hill where all the cars in the parade throw MUCH candy to the kids.

DSC09253

DSC09254

DSC09263

The girls also got “Glo” Bears from a car or tire (or something car related) store too which they love to light up at night in their beds.

Remember the fun adult sippy cup Trent and I got in NYC at Promises Promises?

DSC09039

Trent and I decided it was time for our sippy cups to step out with the people.

DSC09265

That is my sippy cup of chardonnay at Ronnie’s Theater.  Ronnie’s is down the street from us and has 20 theaters, but alas they don’t sell wine there.  So my big purse came in handy.  Kirk and Sally had the girls at the house for the night, so we went to see Social Network and then go out for sushi at our new favorite neighborhood restaurant, Tokyo Sushi afterwards.  I think Trent has talked about the sushi there every night since we went, he’s an official sushi convert to the point where he’s craving the stuff.  NEVER EVER in a million years would I think I would type that sentence.  Love it!

1 comment:

Trent said...

I haven't yet ventured into the raw variety, but definitely love the tempura!!

Frankly - I never thought you'd write that last sentence either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...