Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 9th, 2010

DSC09194

Sometime in June I saw that all the veggies at our local nursery were on sale for 75 cents apiece.  They just got in some sweet potato plants and I bought 2.  This is the result of those 2 small sweet potato plants.  Apparently the plants produce *alot* of vines, it took up over a half of one whole garden bed.  Kirk was in town and we were having my parents and Grandpa Coco over for dinner and I decided it was a great morning to dig up potatoes.

DSC09199

The girls “helping” by catching caterpillars (I don’t get the correlation either). 

DSC09201

So this is the result when I dug up the two roots.  For 2 plants it was a good amount of potatoes (I thought), but I think all those vines made me have higher expectations.  We only used 2 of the potatoes for dinner that night and I still have enough for 2 more meals in our pantry. 

So Kirk, Sally, Trent, and I took Lauren to her soccer game.

DSC09203

And Sydney cheered from the sidelines.

DSC09206

After the game we took the girls to Eckerts for some apple picking and fall festivities.

DSC09215

DSC09222

DSC09224

DSC09244

DSC09246

Dinner!  Rosemary Dijon pork tenderloin, bread, salad, and roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and yukon potatoes with herbs.

DSC09248

I also made some macaroons for dessert.

DSC09249

After a much needed bath from the day’s adventures, Lauren snagged Nana for reading time.

DSC09250

Nighty night!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love the picture of Sydney on the ride at Eckerts! She had so much fun!!!

I was definitely impressed with the size and amount of sweet potatoes - and they were good! (which is saying a lot since I'm not usually the biggest fan of sweet potatoes..)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...