Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 6th, 2010

So it was naptime and I was working around the house, so Lauren seized the opportunity to have Sally all to herself.  They played in the playroom and then ventured to the backyard.  I could hear them from the kitchen window and there were many instructions from Lauren to Sally.  I went outside and found this.

DSC09186

Lauren collected all the leaves and sticks in the yard into a pile, put bricks on top of them, inserted a large branch, and decided to make an “Autumn tree” by later attaching fallen leaves to it’s branches.  She also had her Nana to help her, she was in heaven.  It reminded me of either some sort of trail signaling exercise with the girl scouts or some orienteering field trip in grade school. 

For dinner I wanted something simple because I had to take Lauren to swim lessons at 5:00 and Sally was going to stay with Sydney, who was still napping.  So before Lauren and I left I made Tuscan Baked Chicken from Cooking Light.

The plan was Sally was going to put dinner in the oven at 5:40 so we would all eat around 6:30.  So I got back with Lauren and Sally was upstairs and I could tell much cleaning and laundry had been taking place, along with a bath (actually 2) for Sydney.  Apparently Sydney woke up from her nap, called for someone to come and get her, and when Sally opened the door to Sydney’s room Sydney announced she was playing “the poop game.”  Trust me you don’t want to know… Sally was a complete trooper about the situation and took care of business.

On that note, this is what dinner looked like.

DSC09189

Former story aside, the dinner was good.  I would recommend the recipe.  I’m a fan of anything easy on the prep and easy on the cleanup. 

1 comment:

Trent said...

I realllly liked that recipe - definitely a keeper!!

I didn't notice the "autumn tree" until a few days later when Mom and I were in the backyard (she wanted to pick some of the mini-pumpkins). When she told me the story I thought it was hilarious - but even more funny is what it reminded you of! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...