Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 1st, 2011

The news of a snow day came last night at 9 pm.  Love that they made the decision ahead of time!  So in the morning came the forecasted freezing rain.  About 3 inches of it.  Trent was at work and I decided to tackle the ice by shoveling whenever there was a good amount of accumulation.  I learned that ice is heavy and doing it without gloves causes blisters…and fast.  Then I made chocolate chip cookies for the girls.

DSC00237

DSC00243

I let them stay in the pajamas for the day and they played played played around the house happily.  I couldn’t believe how mellow the day was.  Trent’s firm closed at noon in anticipation for the forecasted 10 inches of snow and we waited…..and waited….and waited.  I think we got a total of 3 inches (on top of the 3 inches of ice).  No power outages, no blizzard conditions, and no being shut in the house.  I’ll take it! 

DSC00251

We let the girls pick a movie and watch it in the basement and I made popcorn. 

DSC00253

In every issue of Rachel Ray’s magazine she does a burger of the month.  She’s clever with her burger recipes.  This one is a turkey burger with white cheddar, sliced apple, and a cranberry mustard sauce.  It is simply delicious. 

DSC00254

I also made Cooking Light's Spicy Cilantro Slaw.  It’s supposed to be a topping for fish, but it’s good as a side dish too.

DSC00255

Day of being stuck inside turned out to be a nice family fun day and no crazy blizzards or snow.  My level of winter crankiness is surprisingly low.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

i wanna have a snow day at cambrook and watch movies in my jammies.

Trent said...

I was a little hesitant about the apple on the burger but it was great! I also liked the spiciness in the cole slaw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...