Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 11th, 2010

So excited, we have bok choy ready to harvest in the garden!

DSC07982

Only one problem….

DSC07983

I got a little carried away in April and thinks me planted waaaaay to much.  Oopsies!

DSC07984

The girls and I had a fun time cutting the leaves and cleaned them in the sink.  I went online earlier in the week to figure out what to do with it instead of just experimenting.

DSC07985

Cooking Light’s Turkey Meatballs with Bok Choy.  You are supposed to put jasmine rice in the meatballs, but I put in breadcrumbs instead.  Boiling rice just to add it to a meatball seemed kinda silly to me. 

So excited I got to cook with food I grew myself!  We had the same thing for lunch the next day (from another batch of bok choy).  I gave our neighbors and Bethanie a big bag of it and STILL have a ton left.  Tomorrow I’m pedaling a bag to Cathy.  Pretty soon when people see me coming they are going to run away in fear I’m the Bok Choy monster.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Ahhh the Bok Choy Monster lives!!

I was definitely impressed with your first harvest! Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...