Thursday, October 7, 2010

September 23rd, 2010

Once both the girls got home from school it was an afternoon playing in the yard.  The weather was great and there were alot of little to do’s.

DSC09050

First the girls tried out their new bench I got for $5 at the fall consignment sale.  Probably my favorite purchase there. 

DSC09059

Harvest some various veggies.

DSC09062

Farmer Sydney.

DSC09065

In our new garden in the back we have TONS of crops growing, seriously.  There are huge amounts of tomatoes, squash, onions, garlic, and potatoes growing because I used our compost before I put down the rest of the dirt and all the seeds from our compost are now starting a veggie garden in late September.  It’s crazy, so I did some weeding and raking to tame the mess.  It breaks my heart to pull up all these plants that I actually PLANTED in the veggie garden, but it’s messy looking and just mocking me watching all these plants give it a go when the frost is going to be their demise.

DSC09066

Potato plant with a couple of his friends, the tomato plants.

DSC09067

Onions.  See, I wasn’t joking.

DSC09069

My little pumpkin patch.  Sally gave me some seeds for miniature pumpkins in the spring and now we have about 8 little pumpkins almost ready to pick.  So excited!

DSC09078

Our red and sweaty faces from having fun in our yard.

I had a fun night out with the people (the people being Ryan and Kevin).  We went to dinner at Cafe Eau and then went to see Easy A at the Chase.  I liked the movie, kinda a cross between Juno and Clueless.  And dinner and a movie nights out are a cross between bliss and heaven.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love the picture of Farmer Sydney!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...