Monday, August 15, 2011

July 27th, 2011

Mother Nature was not kind while we were in Minnesota.  It was stifling hot in St. Louis and absolutely no rain…for weeks.  So the weeds overtook the garden and the vegetables were not pleased.  But also while we were gone, the potatoes presented themselves ready for harvesting. 

IMG_1358 

See, I wasn’t kidding about the weeds.  They are trying to become the majority in the garden.  But I like to keep them at about 3-5% minority. 

IMG_1360

Now those are some fine looking spuds!

IMG_1361

I decided on mashed potatoes (mostly because it’s that or french fries if I want the kids to eat them).  I served it with roasted chicken and mixed green salad with roasted corn and asparagus.

IMG_1365

The dinner bell has rung!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...