Monday, November 7, 2011

October 31st, 2011

We had a busy and fun filled day ahead of us!  Sydney has gymnastic class on Monday mornings and I  have spinning and TRX class (TRX is this rope suspension thing that is all the rage at our YMCA, I found a goofy promo video on youtube about it here).  Then we had to get to Lauren’s Halloween parade and party at 1:20.  The only catch was the parking at Lauren’s school is a situation, the situation that there normally is no parking spots at big events.  They had a shuttle, but we live closer to the school than the shuttle site. I decided to walk it.  It’s really not a far walk at all, just an awkward one because it’s on a busy 4 lane street with no sidewalks, but a decent shoulder.  I put Sydney in the double stroller to make sure she was contained.  We made it just in time and the all school parade was adorable!  Then was the class party.

IMG_2477

IMG_2476

Sydney scored big time at the party!  She got a treat bag, pizza, krispy kreme donut, and got to participate in the games.  She loved being a 1st grader for an hour and a half.

IMG_2479

IMG_2484

After the party I walked Lauren and Sydney home double stroller style.  We were having my parents and Grandpa Coco over for dinner.  I decided to do up Halloween dinner pizza party style.

IMG_2487

Pizza #1: fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and arugula.

IMG_2489

Pizza #2: with tomato sauce, provel cheese (which is Lauren’s favorite pizza cheese, she’s such a St. Louis girl), and yellow tomatoes on half of it.

IMG_2490

Pizza #3: bacon, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.

IMG_2488

And a salad!

For dessert I got an assortment of donuts from Krispy Kremes.  My Grandpa Coco and Mom went nuts.  They got out a knife so they could “sample” each kind….until the box suddenly became empty.

IMG_2494

This is mom and Grandpa doing donut cheers!  They are very proud of themselves.

IMG_2491

IMG_2492

Treats from my parents!

IMG_2495

I then took my cutie patootie trick or treaters around our neighborhood.  It’s one of my favorite traditions.  I absolutely LOVE watching the kids trick or treating and chatting with all our neighbors. 

Lauren’s 2011 joke: What does a witch put in her hair? SCAREspray.

Sydney’s 2011 joke: Who did Frankenstein take to the dance? His GHOULfriend.

Now I know your abs are going to be hurting tomorrow from laughing so much, you’re welcome for the impromptu workout.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I always love your homemade pizza!! So delicious!!!!

By the way - I like the TRX video you found - the music alone makes me want to try it! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...