Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 18th, 2009


Lauren is princess obsessed. She's into the dress up, movies, books, coloring books, stickers, paper dolls...you name the princessy thing, you've captured her attention gangbuster. What in the world does this have to do with dinner? Last night we had dinner at Disney World. Trent and the girls have never been and I haven't been since I was 12, so we planned a trip when we found out about the free dining plan incentive which made a possibly too expensive trip affordable. We made reservations each night at a different restaurants to take full advantage of our free dinners. The first night we picked "Olivia's Cafe" because it was in our resort, Old Key West, so we could get back to our room after the full morning of traveling and full afternoon/evening at Magic Kingdom. The meal was by far my favorite out of the whole trip. First of all, the staff fussed over the girls, which made them happy, which made me happy (and my glass of wine made me happy too). Lauren won "artist of the day" when the server saw Lauren's picture she colored of Belle and hung it in their art frame at the entrance. Before you tease me, yes, I realize the minute we leave, they take Lauren's picture down and replace it to make another 4 year old happy, but it was still a fun moment. Also the girls were giddy about their mickey mouse shaped plates and fancy smoothie drinks. I was excited to order whatever I wanted on the menu knowing it was included in our meal plan. I ordered the fennel encrusted grouper with sauteed spinach and a tomato risotto. It was so good I was actually busted sweeping my finger across the plate to get the last of the sauce when the server came to take it away. I know that's a big no no in dining etiquette, but hopefully it was interpreted as a compliment to the chef.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...