Friday, September 25, 2009

September 24th, 2009

Last night was the big finale of the week. Trent finished his trial and I got to go shopping at the consignment sale in the afternoon. My parents were watching the girls while I was shopping and I wasn't sure if they would stay for dinner or not. So after lunch I made a big pot of french onion soup, a favorite of mine. It's something I almost always will order at a restaurant if they have it. I also had a stale loaf of french bread in the freezer, so cut it up and roasted it for croutons. My parents ended up going home since I was back by 4:30. When Trent got home, I made a quick salad and put the soup, croutons, and grated gruyere cheese in little bowls into the oven to melt the cheese. I wasn't in the mood for the "you have to at least try it" game with the girls, so I served them leftover pasta, which they ate quickly because they wanted to get back to playing with their "new" toys I bought at the sale.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...