Friday, September 25, 2009

September 23rd, 2009

So continuing with the theme this week "Trial & Consignment Sale," Trent had to work late for his trial and I volunteered to help Markham deliver her consignment items in our minivan that evening at 7. Lauren's been asking for me to make spaghetti and meatballs for awhile, so I made a big pot of that. It was easy because I have frozen tomato sauces in the freezer from the abundance of tomatoes in my parents garden this year. All I had to do was make the meatballs and throw them in the sauce. I also had 2 small eggplants on their last leg, so I roasted them, pureed them, and put them in the sauce (shh! don't tell the kids!) for extra veggie-ness in a tricky way. The girls and I had dinner, then went to Markham's. It worked out great because we had a little adventure after dinner and I got to hang out with adults, something I always welcome. Although I didn't expect to get the kids out of the car and their shirts were both covered with tomato sauce...and there might have been a little in Sydney's hair too. I was that mom with the stain laden kids with no shoes on running around the consignment sale.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...