Friday, October 9, 2009

October 8th, 2009

Yesterday was a very soggy and rainy day. My parents were coming over for dinner and I decided it was the perfect day for meatloaf. Really meatloaf is just an excuse to make mashed potatoes with a mushroom gravy to drench over everything. Then I feel guilty if I don't incorporate a green vegetable of some sort and green beans are in season, so there it was. My dad can't have chocolate, so I love trying new non-chocolate dessert recipes for him. Last night I tried frosted pumpkin cinnamon rolls. I think I like my original cinnamon roll recipe more (Cinnamon Rolls III on allrecipes.com), but the orangish color was fun for fall and I liked that the girls were eating a dessert that had a whole can of pumpkin in it, ha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...