Thursday, October 1, 2009

September 27th, 2009

Growing up Sunday night was normally family dinner night at my parents or grandparents' house. I like the tradition of Sundays being a nice evening with family to end the weekend and start the week. It's also a great day to cook or entertain because I have all day to piddle around the dining room and kitchen. Lauren loves to make placecards, "help" set the table, and do flower vases. This Sunday we invited my parents, Grandpa Coco, and Maryann. I tried a new recipe, which I tend to do when entertaining, which seems like a really bad idea, but I continue to go down that path. I made a pork loin roast in the crock pot with cranberries and orange. I roasted brussel sprouts and fennel with parmesan cheese and made a caprese salad. Then I made Trent's grandma's recipe for butter baked rice. It's got alot of steps for baked rice, but it's a total yummy comfort food in Trent's family that goes well with anything. We went apple picking that afternoon at Eckert's, so hello homemade apple pie, also a recipe from Trent's family, it's an open face apple pie with the streusel on top. Trent and the girls love apples, but not apple pie, so if I don't send the leftovers home with people, I'll eat the rest of it myself...in 2 days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...