Monday, October 5, 2009

October 4th, 2009

No feet on the table please. You need to sit on your bottom. That's too loud. Please don't play with your food. Don't feed the dog your dinner. Don't poke your sister with your fork. How do you know you don't like it until you try it? If you're too full to eat dinner, then no dessert......these are sentences that come out of my mouth at least once a day, mostly around dinner time. Last night was no exception. It feels normal unless I hear myself say something like "Please stop putting craisins in your belly button." Those times I have to laugh at my life. Last night was just the 4 of us at home for dinner. I made what I call adult pigs in a blanket. It's a nice and quick dinner. I wrap turkey bratwursts in puff pastry that has been brushed with dijon mustard and bake them in the oven. I also made a simple butter lettuce and spinach salad with a lemon dijon vinagrette. Of course the kids were skeptical and looked at their plate like I served them pinecones. I reminded them to try it before making any judgements. They say you need to hear something 5 times before it's in your long term memory, in my experience that can't apply to kids under 5.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...