Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 11th, 2009

I've mentioned before that I'm not a big fan of butternut squash, but always have one on hand from our CSA during the fall. I've tried making it many different ways and still no dice. Last night we had my parents and Grandpa Coco over for dinner. I know they all like butternut squash and decided to make it to get rid of it. I diced it, then roasted it with garlic and sage and had no intention of liking it. Reverse psychology wins again, because I loved it! I also made brussel sprouts with diced bacon, our family recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing (had it in the freezer), orange cranberry sauce, honey mustard roasted chicken thighs, gravy, and apple pie. I was planning on sending Grandpa Coco home with a big bag of leftovers from dinner to enjoy today, but there wasn't any. But I did send him off with two pieces of apple pie. Now I'm excited to get my next butternut squash CSA installment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...