Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 13, 2009

I like the idea of sloppy joes, but not necessarily the old school way. They're too messy to eat with your hands, the sauce is too sweet, and the bread gets all soggy (sogginess is a thing with me, don't get me started on cereal). So I like taking the method of sloppy joes and changing it up. Rachel Ray first gave me the idea with a Sloppy Cubano, which I highly recommend googling the recipe. I made a thick bolognese sauce with ground pork and toasted big pieces of garlic crostini. I then put the sauce on the crostini and melted mozzerella cheese. It was a cross between pizza bread and an open face sloppy joe. I served them with a mixed green salad. I'm also weird about too much dressing because I don't like soggy lettuce. Sogginess avoided on all fronts, whew, crisis avoided.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...