Monday, December 28, 2009

December 20th, 2009

I love Christmas traditions, both new and old. This year I think we started a new one. Erin, Markham, and I normally get together for a dinner over the holidays and exchange gifts. Then once Markham and I had kids we kinda tweaked the plan each year depending on who had a newborn at the time or could get out of the house for a couple hours. This year we decided to embrace the kids and men and have everyone over to our house for a fancy dinner and an ornament exchange. It was lots of fun. Erin made a cream cheese and artichoke pesto torte appetizer, Markham brought over twice baked potatoes and a spinach gratin, and I grilled beef filets and served them with blue cheese butter. Of course with all the cheesy goodness being served, I had to serve a salad to balance it all out and bring our heart rates back down. For dessert I made a cookies and cream cake that looked like a big hot mess, but delivered on taste. Hopefully a new tradition has been born and it will survive the years to become an old tradition.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...