Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 8th, 2010

Jackpot!  It is the perfect weather for grilling!  I was so excited I prepped everything for dinner in the afternoon so the girls could play outside after Sydney’s nap while I cooked dinner…and mosquitoes aren’t out yet, so no bug spray.  I’m happy happy!

DSC06337 

DSC06339

Honey mustard chicken, asparagus, and cocktail rye toasts for the grill and a spinach salad with lemon vinaigrette ready to assemble with the grilled asparagus.

DSC06331

One of my go to sauces is equal parts mayo, Dijon, and horseradish.  I use it for fish, chicken, a dip for sweet potato fries, Panini's, etc.  I had some in the frig, so I put it on the cocktail bread with some shredded cheddar.  I never tried this before, but it turned out great.

DSC06343 DSC06344

Kids happily playing….me just happy.

DSC06349

DSC06350

I always make extra on the grill for another dinner and/or lunches. 

DSC06351

And there it is, the first dinner of 2010 with my trusty grill.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Fantastic dinner - the chicken was grilled to perfection, I must say!

Great pictures too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...