Monday, March 15, 2010

March 11, 2010

The weather was FANTASTIC today.  Really, I’m talking short sleeves OUTSIDE, it felt so daring!  I took the girls to our local playground after lunch and it felt great to play in the sun.  It also got me in the mood for something springy for dinner. 

DSC06362 DSC06366

I made Cooking Light’s Jerk Rubbed Catfish with Spicy Cilantro Slaw.  But I substituted tilapia.

 Jerk-Rubbed Catfish with Spicy Cilantro Slaw

This is Cooking Light’s picture.

DSC06367

This is mine.  I like their picture way better since I covered the whole piece of fish up with the slaw (but really, it was that good).  I always think white plates make any food look better, but our white plates are huge squares and I like the optical illusion of more food on a smaller plate to trick me into eating less.  This really rarely works, it’s a lot like setting your clock 5 minutes fast, you know the clock is wrong and always mentally adjust and are 5 minutes behind anyway…at least I am, I love a good rationalization.

For a side dish I made brown rice with a lime cilantro pesto mixed in.  Definitely springy and definitely happy warm weather is becoming a possibility!

1 comment:

julie mur[phy said...

I think you should start using really big plates and see what that does!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...