Monday, May 24, 2010

May 20th, 2010

You know that appetizer with the Hot Pepper Jelly over Cream Cheese that is served with crackers?  I love am obsessed with that lately and serve it all the time for dinner parties.  So easy and a crowd pleaser, rarely any leftover. 

DSC07660

My favorite jarred hot pepper jelly is the one from Eckert's.  It’s fantastic and not gloppy like the one above.  But I digress… I wanted to figure out a way to incorporate it into an entree of some sort.  Not sure why, but I thought it would be brilliant.  So I roasted some chicken and basted it with the jelly and then mixed the cream cheese and jelly together as a spread.

DSC07661

I also roasted some radicchio for a salad.

So then I toasted some Naan and put the cream cheese spread on it and topped it with the chicken.

DSC07663

And yes, it looks random and tasted random.  Big flop.  Should have just served the cream cheese, pepper jelly, and wheat thins for dinner and saved myself an hour.

DSC07662

Thankfully the radicchio salad came out tasty. 

In the kitchen I have messes and successes….this one was definitely the former.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I hate to disagree with the chef but I really liked the dish and would be happy if you made it again! I'll give you that it looked a little random (i.e. chicken with pepto bismol) but it tasted really good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...