Monday, May 10, 2010

May 8th, 2010

Nice mellow Saturday spending time outside, love it!  So far, the garden is coming along (knock on wood).

DSC07443

The peas are up and starting to attach to the little trellis I made for them.

DSC07444

Despite putting them in way too late, the potatoes are also up!  We’ll see if they mature in time, but I’m hoping.  See all those helicopters in the soil?  They are all over our yard thanks to the huge maple tree that makes zillions.  My current hobby is weeding out all the tiny maple trees growing in the flower beds and veggie garden, even the girls know what they look like and pull them up for me.

DSC07445

The white and red onions are up too.  I still can’t believe I planted stuff in the ground and now it’s growing.  I know historically that’s how it’s worked since the beginning of time, but I’m still giddy about it.

For dinner I made Buffalo Chicken Salad from Family Circle with whole wheat biscuits. 

Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing

It was an easy recipe and turned out pretty good, in fact I just had the leftovers for lunch today.  ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...