Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 15th, 2010

I have no idea why, but the 2 dill plants I planted in the garden are out of control.  They are taller than me and going in every which direction.  I wish it was the parsley and basil plants, but they still haven’t gotten with the program yet.  Really I don’t use dill all that much for all this craziness. 

DSC08033 

I think it’s trying to become king of the garden.

DSC08034

Our peas are ready for a harvest too.

DSC08035

What?  You don’t dress to harvest too?

DSC08039

Peas meet dill.  Dill meet Peas.

DSC08040

Chicken, dill, and celery chicken salad.  I used fat free greek yogurt because Trent doesn’t like mayo.  But the yogurt is just as good in my opinion.

DSC08043

Salad with the peas.  I gave peas to the girls for dinner too.  Lauren ate all of hers, Sydney wasn’t as enthusiastic. 

DSC08044

So that was about 3 sprigs of dill down and 1,387 to go.  Got any dill recipes you wanna throw my way?  I’ll happily take them!

2 comments:

Trent said...

Ha! I love the picture of the girls! Too funny!!

The dill is definitely reigning over the garden!

Shannon said...

My brother in law makes a mean bloody mary with dill in it. I think the dill makes it extra yummy. There, now you can be drunk and full. Chicken salad looks awesome. Just the ingredients you listed and some seasoning? I must try that. Are those Trader Joes pitas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...