Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 20th, 2010

I didn’t wake up today thinking I was going to plunge (literally) into the earth with my family 2,341 feet, but I did!  It was pouring rain and we wanted a fun excursion.  Michelle told us about the Soudan Underground Mine that they were going to go check out and we decided to tag along.  It was an hour and a half tour complete with taking an elevator down into the mine almost half a mile, riding through the mine on a rail car, walking around, and experiences what complete and absolute dark is….it’s dark dark.  It was fun to see and hear all about it, but I worried about the girls and if it would be up their alley.  Sydney was captivated, especially when everything went completely dark.  In the middle of it Sydney said pretty loud “I can’t see nobodies” and the people on the tour with us laughed.  Lauren was more interested in getting back to the cabin to play on the beach. 

DSC08474

DSC08468

DSC08471

DSC08467

DSC08475

DSC08481

When we got back up to the earth’s surface, it was sunny outside, so beach it was for the kiddos!

DSC08484

John made a marinara pasta for dinner and Michelle made a salad.  It was quite tasty and good comfort food.  Nothing like a big bowl of pasta.

DSC08485

DSC08487

The kids playing around the cabin.  Fun fun fun was being had.

DSC08488

Trent started and finished “Are you there Vodka, It’s me Chelsea.” He liked it and now Sally is reading it, I can’t wait to hear if she likes it or not, I’m really curious!

DSC08489

It’s necessary to de-robe Sydney before pasta, she really gets into it and I mean she literally gets into it. 

3 comments:

Ryan said...

is that my copy of are you there vodka? i miss that book. have you started bang bang yet??

Trent said...

It is your copy - sorry it took me so long to read it!! I will get it back to you (my Mom only has about 60 pages left - I can't believe she's reading it but she laughs out loud when she does!).

Shannon said...

Love that book and LOVE your blog Genoni!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...