Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 12th, 2010

DSC08798

Yellow eggplant!  I roasted them and make them into a baba ganoush, basically a hummus type spread out of eggplant.  I put it on some italian bread.  I then made some Israeli Cous Cous and tossed it with roasted zucchini, chives, toasted walnuts, and topped with some feta cheese.

DSC08787

Lauren had her open house night at 5 pm where she met her teacher, discovered where her cubby and desk were in the classroom, dropped off her school supplies, and an ice cream social and then the girls had to be at dance class at 6:30 at the Y followed by their bedtime showers there.  So the girls and I ate beforehand and headed out for our night of festivities.  By the end of the evening I was one tuckered mom ready for the couch and Bravo shows.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I had no idea something called Israeli cous cous existed but if you ever get a chance to try a dish - do!! Good stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...