Monday, October 25, 2010

October 13th, 2010

Whenever we get into the fall season (despite warm fall temperatures this month…I mean really, I am still getting mosquito bites and hot outside in shorts, but I digress….), I start to crave certain foods and polenta is definitely one of them.  When I was little, I was not a fan of polenta, but Rachel Ray (not personally) talked me into trying quick cooking polenta.  I’ve seen many members of my family making it the old school way and forming it into a log to slice off for stews, so not for me, especially on a weeknight.  I’m an official fan of quick cooking polenta and play around with all different herbs, seasonings, liquids, and cheese to put into it.  I saw a recipe for Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta in Cooking Light and that was dinner.

DSC09279

Lauren has swim lessons on Wednesdays, so I made the ragu that afternoon.

DSC09283

When we got home, I made the polenta and dinner was ready in under 10 minutes.  Hence my affection for the quick cooking polenta!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Love polenta - one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...