Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 17th, 2010

With the house still smelling like bacon from the Top Chef Party, I had quite a bit of leftovers I had to figure out how to use.  Trent was leaving in the afternoon for a week long trial near Branson, MO, so I decided to make a lunch incorporating a little of this and a little of that.  We had half a package of raw sausage, half a thing of mushrooms, and some brown rice leftover from a couple days ago.

DSC09348

So I put together a sausage and mushroom rice.  It took minutes, all I had to do was cook the sausage and then combine and heat it up.  I also made a spinach salad because Trent’s eating habits on the road can be questionable and I wanted to send him off knowing he had some veggies in him.

That night was a big family get together at the Roadhouse in Webster.  Some of our Italian relatives were staying at my Aunt Mary’s house and my dad and his cousin, Cesare, wanted to host a dinner to celebrate and get everyone together.

DSC09350

The girls were excited, they love the Roadhouse and were excited to see everyone. 

DSC09351

DSC09355

We had 4 tables in their outside area, which was great for the kids to run around before and after dinner.

DSC09353

DSC09354

The girls split an order of fries and ordered Macaroni and Cheese, which really should be called cheese with a little macaroni, it’s sinfully ooey gooey.

DSC09347

That morning I picked a bunch of tomatoes and eggplants for my Grandpa Coco.  I also picked my hot peppers for my Aunt Mary.  The woman LOVES anything spicy.  I gave them to her at the Roadhouse and she popped one into her mouth like it was a grape.

DSC09356

Isn’t she a cute little thing!?  And look at what she ordered, her dinner is as big as her, I love it!!!!  Atta girl!

DSC09358

Noni!!

DSC09361

Another Roadhouse tradition is the kids ending their meals with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and a cherry.  Despite Trent leaving for the week, we had a fun time with the family.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Your "this and that" sausage and mushroom rice was fantastic!!

Oh, and let's not forget the spinach (since I definitely tend to while on the road) it was good too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...