Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 1st, 2010

I was really excited, Lauren was off of school and the weather was beautiful.  The combination screamed field trip to the Zoo.  Apparently many others had the same idea, so good thing the Zoo is a big place for us to scatter around.  First stop was River’s Edge.  Lauren loves the hyenas and Sydney loves the elephants.  The hyena, as always, was sleeping. 

DSC09144

But the elephants were out and about, Sydney was excited.

DSC09152

Lauren then quickly came up with a new favorite animal, the giraffe, and this is why:

DSC09156

We got to see a cutie patootie 2 week old giraffe.  It was adorable to watch walk around and cuddle with his mom and dad.

We also saw some monkeys doing some questionable grooming.  It was an interesting situation because the kids kept asking questions and the parents distracted the kids with walking away.  Thankfully Lauren and Sydney didn’t notice and I didn’t point anything out…But I was bummed I wasn’t with my sister or a friend so we could jokingly discuss, hence why I guess I’m putting it on a blog????  Oh well, it was on my mind.

For dinner we met my parents at their favorite Friday night hangout, Roadhouse in Webster.  At the Zoo they were grilling bratwurst and hamburgers on this big grill by the Carousel where the girls and I had our PB&J sandwiches for lunch.  It smelled insanely good.  There and then I decided I was going to have a burger at the Roadhouse for dinner and that’s exactly what I did.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...