Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 2nd, 2010

We woke up bright and early to drive to KC to meet Trent’s family at the Overland Park Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.  I learned stuff there too!  First I learned that an arboretum is a place with trees.  I also learned I want to plant these next year in the flower garden.

DSC09167

I also learned that for whatever reason, the kids were so good with getting their pictures taken.  All four of them staying still and standing together at the same time with a happy look is normally a big ol’ challenge including bribes (on my part).  Now I have a handful of pictures like this with little effort.

DSC09162

DSC09163

DSC09176

I also learned that my children’s love for bugs is staying strong.

DSC09173

DSC09174

Why? Why? Why?  The kids all actually FOUGHT over who got to have the crazy looking big bug crawl all over their hands and arms. 

DSC09177

Yay fun day of learning!  That night we went to Mackin Park in Northtown, KC for a barbecue to celebrate Caleb’s 6th birthday.  I think Caleb should be a professional gift opener….he really gets the job done in a shockingly short amount of time.  This kid isn’t fooling around, he’s got a playgrounding to do!

 

1 comment:

Trent said...

I really don't get (or share in) their fascination with all things bugs. Your kids are weird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...