Monday, January 31, 2011

January 22nd, 2011

So we were supposed to be leaving this morning for Kansas City to celebrate Christmas and Elizabeth’s 10th birthday celebration, but an intimidating forecast caused us to stay put.  We were really disappointed since the girls and I haven’t seen Trent’s family since Thanksgiving.  We spent the morning at the YMCA and headed home for lunch.  I wasn’t really planning on cooking today, so I opened the refrigerator and assessed the situation.  There was asparagus.  “What about asparagus frittata?”  I asked Trent.  “I’m not in the mood for eggs, I already had breakfast.”  Hmmm, back to the drawing board.  Re-assessing I came up with a rice dish risotto style, but with regular rice.

DSC00200

It is so fun putting Sydney down for naps in her big girl bed, it makes her look so little!

DSC00207

I finally whined enough convinced Trent it was a good idea to order new bedding for Sydney last night.  The quilt she has right now was from my Great Aunt Anna.  I like it, but wanted Sydney to have new bedding since Lauren did when she got her big girl bed.  I like to keep things even.  Sydney’s favorite color is purple, so it’s purple-ish bedding with flowers and Lauren has the exact same bedding, only pink.  I’m excited to get it and set it all up.

That night Markham invited us over for dinner.  She made Beef and Fennel Ragu from a recipe in the St Louis Post Dispatch that was awesome with a great salad.  I had mine over crusty bread and it was perfect comfort for yucky January. 

1 comment:

Trent said...

You're right - Sydney looks tiny!!! And cute!!!

Sorry about the eggs...but the risotto was great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...