Monday, January 31, 2011

January 25th, 2011

My 2 favorite sections in the St. Louis Post Dispatch are the Wednesday Eat section and Friday Go section.  I look forward to the Go section more this time of year because I love to see what award nominated movies have finally made it to St Louis and the critics reviews.  I rarely cut out recipes from the Eat section, but have from time to time or it gives me ideas, especially when our garden was in full harvest mode and I was searching for recipes for Midwest crops.  I also like the recipe exchange for local restaurants.  It’s fun to see how a restaurant makes the dish and alarming at the amount of fat is in it, no wonder it tastes so darn good when you’re eating out!  A couple months ago there was a recipe for Spinach Pie from Adriana’s on the Hill.  I decided to give it a try.  I love the idea of pie of any form.

DSC00205

Adriana's Spinach Pie

It was decent, but don’t think I’ll make it again, because when I defrosted the spinach in the microwave this happened.

DSC00223

The microwave caught on fire, melted the glass plate, and has been unusable ever since.  The good news is after a week of phone calls and paperwork requests, LG is sending out a technician on Wednesday to assess the situation.  The bad news is I can’t reheat the leftover spinach pie in a quick like manner.

1 comment:

Trent said...

So that's why I've gotten the spinach pie for lunch the last couple of days! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...