Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 5th, 2011

Attempting another slow cooker meal.  It also is basically meat free (I put in 2 slices of bacon that were already in the frig from another meal into it), so it seemed like a perfect recipe to try with both goals in the back of my mind.

DSC00134

Betty Crocker's Potato and Double Corn Chowder

While it was cooking, I could tell it wasn’t going to be added to my successful slow cooker recipe list.  It looked and smelled pretty bland, hence why I put a gazillion chives on top.  I served it with mini corn muffins.  The corn muffins were a hit and there was an abundance of leftover chowder.  Another thing is I think my slow cooker meals are starting to have a metal aftertaste to them.  What causes that?  Is it my slow cooker or something to do with cooking time and temps?  If anyone has any tried and true slow cooker recipes, I’m definitely interested!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...