Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 18th, 2011

The weather is beautiful!!!  Beautiful to the point where the girls were running around outside and getting hot with jackets and fleece pants.  So I let them go inside and change into whatever they wanted.  I was thinking more along the lines of a short sleeve shirt, but was greeted by this:

DSC00341

DSC00342

It’s like their sundresses from last summer were just burning a hole in their pocket and they couldn’t wait to bust them out again.  I went with it, the weather was definitely warm enough.  As long as it wasn’t me in the sundress, I was happy.  I raked, got out the leaf blower to clean up the garden rock border, and did general clean up in the yard while the girls played.  I tried desperately to make a game out of collecting gumballs, but they weren’t buying what I was selling. Darn!

I was going to bbq chicken, but the back yard was still a marshy mess.  So I roasted the chicken in the oven with cous cous and a salad.  The girls both love eat cous cous, so I use it almost as much as rice for a side dish. 

DSC00343

Lauren likes cous cous with nuts on top, Sydney likes parmesan cheese on top. 

DSC00346

These wonderful warm days are just what the doctor ordered! There is so much stuff to do in the yard to get ready for spring, mostly leaf removal based.  I know cold days are still ahead and spring is a month away, but I’ll take what I can get!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...