Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 2nd, 2011

A couple years ago Rachel Ray was talking about how when she was little her favorite pasta dish was Pasta With Trees.  I tried it a year or so ago and now make it almost once a month. 

DSC00504

DSC00505

DSC00507

DSC00508

Here are the recipe’s selling points:

1. It can be made in the time it takes to boil the pasta

2. It’s meat free

3. The whole family will eat it and Sydney will actually tolerate broccoli on her plate (and some makes it in her belly)

4. No need for a side dish or salad.

5. Costs under $10 to make for a family of 4 and there is leftovers for lunch the next day

Also I have FINALLY found a great low fat ricotta cheese, it’s delicious!  The texture and taste are almost as good as fresh whole milk ricotta.  I’ve been through so many brands and am ready to commit to my Frigo for all future ricotta needs.  Ricotta monogamy for me!

LowFatRicotta15oz_250x180

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pasta with Trees. Best part of this is that you can add a few items from garden like parsley or basil and that would be fun.
This is close to Pasta alla Norma....the pasta recipe of Sicily that is meatless.

dad

Trent said...

I'm 34 and still won't eat tomatoes. I love that my 5 year old enjoys them so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...