Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 15th, 2011

In a couple of weeks, Trent and I are going to New Orleans with a group of friends.  We used to go once a year, but that hasn’t happened once we all started families.  I’m so excited, but also scared at the amount of to do’s and events that need to be done in order to make it all happen.  Until then I can still think New Orleans thoughts and anticipate New Orleans cuisine.  Trent loves 2 New Orleans inspired sandwiches, shrimp po’ boy and the muffaletta.  A muffaletta in a sandwich of all kinds of italian meats, provolone cheese, with an olive spread served hot and oozy.  They look something like this:

It is sinfully delicious.  Not a huge fan of the sinful part knowing bathing suit season is almost upon us.  So I decided to make a veggie muffaletta.

IMG_2929

I roasted mushrooms, onions, and zucchini.  Then I made the olive spread by throwing pitted green marinated olives with a jar of hot Giardiniera pickled vegetables in a mini food processor.  I then assembled and put in my panini maker.

IMG_2931

IMG_2932

It always happens, I have a bag of french fries with 10 fries in it.  So I baked those with a bag of sweet potato fries too.  Now I have a bag of sweet potato fries with 10 fries left in it.  I need to break that vicious cycle.

Now I know what you’re thinking.  Wow, Jenny’s pictures on this post look so nice!  Yep, you’re thinking that.  And if you’re not, go back and look at the pictures and just start thinking that to make me feel good.  Now I know what you’re thinking.  What has changed to make such a difference in photo quality?  Well, let me tell you.  The day before I took a Photography Workshop given by my dear friend, Elizabeth.  She was test running the workshop on a couple of us lucky guinea pigs.  Then she let me play with her fancy DSLR camera for a couple days post class to practice.  Now all I can think about is replacing my 3 year old half broken Sony Cybershot point and shoot for a DSLR.  It’s like wearing payless shoes after a night of sporting Jimmy Choos.  I’ve tasted the good life and have 3 days of fun photos to prove it.  Here’s info on the workshop:

http://outsidetheboxphotographyworkshop.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Trent said...

Ha! I love this post! So funny!!

Can't wait for New Orleans!!!

And yes, the pictures look fantastic!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...