Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 15th, 2011- Part 2

We checked into our hotel and was right in this area called Canal Park.  Our hotel was right on Lake Superior. We checked in and then got ready to head out and explore.

IMG_0794

The view from Lake Superior from our hotel room.

IMG_0800

Lauren organizing.

IMG_0804

The plan was to walk to dinner at Grandma’s, which was recommended to me by one of my sorority sister’s whose in-law live near Duluth.

IMG_0808

IMG_0810

IMG_0822

IMG_0826

IMG_0827

IMG_0829

IMG_0828

IMG_0830

This is what I ordered, a walleye cake salad.  I know, I thought it sounded kinda dirty too.  But the waitress assured me it was delicious.  It was.

IMG_0831

Lauren’s order, spaghetti and meatballs.

IMG_0833

Sydney did not shock us by ordering the macaroni and cheese.

IMG_0832

And Trent certainly didn’t shock us by ordering the buffalo chicken sandwich.

Everyone cleaned their plates, good food and money well spent.

IMG_0840

We hit the streets to do a little exploring.

IMG_0838

And happened upon an elevated bridge that will go up and down for boats to pass under it.

IMG_0843

And a little area that was fountains and statues.

IMG_0845

IMG_0848

The girls cannot pass a fountain without doing a 1 cent wish. 

IMG_0853

There were carriage rides and MANY begs to go on one, but it was past bedtime, so we headed back to the hotel with the promise of a horse drawn carriage next year.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Duluth was a LOT of fun and I highly recommend the Canal Park area - lots to do and see!

Random side note - seeing myself in the pictures made me realize I didn't leave Duluth with my slacks or shirt! I called the hotel and sure enough I left them there - thankfully the clothes are being sent to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...