Thursday, September 8, 2011

August 16th, 2011

Here it is, the first day of school.  Lauren will begin her educational career as a full day student.  I’m sad she’ll be gone for so much of the day (bus pickup at 8:04 am and drop-off at 3:50 pm), but she is ready and excited to be a big time first grader.  Sydney’s preschool schedule will not change, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:45-11:45.  That I can do.  As I anticipated, I had to wake up 2 very sleepy girls to get them where they needed to be on time.  Trent decided to go to work later to see the girls off to their first day.

IMG_1506 

This is the lunchbox that Lauren picked out.  Lauren and I sat down and internet shopped for a lunch box, containers, and water bottle.  Lauren picked out “Navy birds” at Pottery Barn Kids.  She is very excited to have lunch at school and will buy her lunch one day a week and bring a lunch the other days.  She picks what day’s menu sounds the best that week.  So far, it’s working out great.

IMG_1510

IMG_1512

IMG_1515

The girls watching for their bus stop friends crossing the street.  Both of their backpacks are from last year.  Lauren’s backpack was a gift from Michelle for her 5th birthday and Sydney’s backpack was a gift from Julie when Lauren started preschool, so it’s going on vintage. 

IMG_1516

Our massive sunflowers.  I can’t resist a sunflower photo op.

IMG_1520

Lauren’s separation anxiety in overdrive.  I mean seriously, does she have to look that happy to leave me?

Then Trent and I both got in our cars and went to Lauren’s elementary school to take pictures of her getting off the bus and walking in her classroom.

IMG_1522

Lauren was not amused.  She thought we already said our goodbyes for the day.

IMG_1523

“Listen girls, so sorry about my weirdo parents, let’s just pretend they aren’t there and they’ll go on with their lives.”

IMG_1526

She let me take this one picture in front of her classroom if I promised to let her go into her classroom by herself (I wanted a picture of her in front of her desk, but conceded). 

IMG_1528

Sydney didn’t mind the pictures, I think she was excited to get all the attention from Trent and I.

IMG_1530

IMG_1531

IMG_1532

And there is was, 2 little ladies in their classrooms. 

I picked up Sydney at 11:45 and took her to Happy Joe’s Pizza for lunch and we talked about her fun first day of school.

IMG_1537

I am hoping for a good school year for both girls.  I am also hoping flu season is kind, winter is short, the Oscar movie season is a good one, the girls make happy memories, and they never tire of me having a camera in front of my face to document.

Oh, and learn stuff too, lots of stuff. :)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

wait..so you took pics of her getting ON the bus and TRAILED HER to the school and took pictures of her getting off the bus? If my parents did that, I would have had a loooong chat about crazy.

Jenny said...

We sure did, it's a pretty common practice. The parents look like paparazzi waiting to pounce when they see their kid's bus pull in the parking lot. I don't think Lauren will allow this practice to go on tho.

Trent said...

We gotta get the pictures while we still can!!

Love these!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...