Wednesday, December 7, 2011

November 15th, 2011

Sydney and I had a play date scheduled.  More of a play date for me than Sydney.  We were going to go to a friends house to check out their farm veggie garden and chickens.  They have quite the setup.  It’s unreal.  They have 15 raised beds.  Here’s a picture they posted on facebook late this summer to give you a general idea.

315020_10150852767705184_669965183_20788580_463371244_n[1]

Keep in mind you only see about 8 of the 15 beds…and 9 chickens.  So Margaret, who is the main force of this operation, gave me a grand tour while Sydney played with her oldest son, Auggie.  Mainly she accosted their chickens trying to “hold” them.  Margaret was showing me different veggies and herbs she has growing for her fall crop and sent me home with a bag of assorted delicious greens.

IMG_2667

I had planned on making a new recipe from Cooking Light for dinner.  It’s a cream style sauce baked pasta.  I wanted to try it because instead of cream or lots of cheese, you puree cottage cheese as the main component of the sauce. 

Here’s the recipe.

I decided to add the greens to the boiling pasta.

IMG_2670

While boiling the pasta, the sauce comes together in minutes.

IMG_2669

Combine and baked.  Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

IMG_2676

IMG_2675

It was delicious!  A good friend had a baby last week and a couple of us are visiting and bringing over dinner.  I decided this would be my contribution.  Of course I won’t have all the fun different kind of greens from Margaret’s garden, so a bag of baby spinach will have to suffice.

1 comment:

Trent said...

As you well know, I LOVE baked pasta and this dish met and exceeded all expectations!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...