Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 3rd, 2012

Continuing in my effort of trying new recipes, specifically different kinds of soups, I found a recipe I was excited to try. 

IMG_3543

The whole family loves pot stickers/dumplings, so the soup sounded perfect (and way easy!).  I omitted the nori because it wasn’t at our grocery store and I wasn’t in the mood for an errand to fetch 1 sheet of seaweed.  But I did add bean sprouts.

IMG_3546

IMG_3536

I steamed the pot stickers before adding them to the soup.

IMG_3548

I also garnished with tons of chives.

IMG_3553

Simple to make, delicious, and healthy.  I will be making this again.

Another favorite in our family is the beloved Crab Rangoon.  I have a recipe I make for parties, but you fry the Crab Rangoons and the house smells of canola oil for days.  Also there’s the whole fried cream cheese aspect of the dish that doesn’t help my figure in any way.  I saw these at the grocery store and decided to give them a try.

IMG_3527

So I made the filling of a 1/3 less fat 8 oz cream cheese, 6 oz can of crabmeat (drained), about 2 tablespoons of diced chives/green onions, teaspoon of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.  You could also add a dash of soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce. 

IMG_3529

At this point you could even put in a baking dish, heat until bubbly, and serve with crackers (I ended up doing that with the little bit of leftover filling, it was good!).  I filled my little cups up, baked at 375 until slightly bubbly, and served.

IMG_3535

IMG_3555

It was a fun Friday night meal and it all came together faster than placing a delivery order would have taken.  AND the kids (well, mostly Lauren) were fans!  Let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Great Great meal! Let's have it again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...