Monday, February 20, 2012

February 1st, 2012

I have 2 words for you.  Oreo Balls.  It all started this last December.  A friend of mine gave me a cute little thing of assorted Christmas cookies.  There were these truffle looking things and I was going to give them to the girls for their dessert, I’m not a huge truffle person.  But I took a tiny bite of one intending to give the rest to Sydney.  Yeah, that didn’t happen because they were beyond delicious.  I did give one to Lauren and Sydney, but with hesitation.  I asked my friend what in the world they were and she said they were Oreo Balls and found the recipe on Pinterest.  Thankfully I follow her boards and was able to get the recipe.  I decided to make them for a dinner party, as my contribution to a Superbowl party we were going to, and also bring them to KC to give some to Trent’s parent.  To say Trent’s mom has a sweet tooth would be like saying Sophia Vergara is okay looking. 

Oreo balls are crazy easy to make and only 3 ingredients.  One package of oreos, one package of cream cheese, and chocolate to melt.  I used chocolate chips.

IMG_3508

Cutie Patootie helper is optional.

I put the oreos in my food processor until they were cookie crumbs.  Then transferred to my mixer and put in the cream cheese.  I doubled the recipe, so 2 packages of oreos and 2 packages of cream cheese.

IMG_3515

Process until it comes together and looks like fudgy batter.

IMG_3516

Shape into balls on parchment paper.

IMG_3517

Then melt your chocolate and dip the oreo balls in the choclate.  I had some white chocolate chips too I melted and drizzled over the dark chocolate. Then let dry on parchment paper. 

IMG_3522

IMG_3524

You could mix it up by using mint oreos, mint flavored chocolate, almond bark, peanut butter chips, whatever combination sounds good.  My recommendation is to make them for something and not just have them around the house because they will all end up in your belly.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Yum Yum Yum. That is all the description needed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...