Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 9th, 2012

In my ongoing attempts to kick off the new year with new meals, I’m trying another new recipe.  This one I felt was an easy risk.  Trent and I both love Reuben sandwiches.  I really love anything that gives me a reason to eat sauerkraut.  Trent loves pizza.  I found the recipe in Rachel Ray’s Magazine online.

Rachel Ray's Reuben Pizza

Reuben Pizza

This is what the picture looked like.  I made it like a regular pizza with the thousand island sauce on the bottom like you would do a tomato based sauce for a traditional pizza.  I also drizzled yellow mustard on it when it came out of the oven.  That was for Trent, he is a mustard guy.

IMG_3407

I served it with a mixed green salad.

IMG_3408

The lighting in our kitchen this time of year is throwing me off with my camera settings, but I’m working on that.  I have this good friend who knows her stuff.  We met for coffee last week and she let me pick her brain a bit….and loaned me a lens.  So my hope is to do a little playing with it this weekend.  I will have good subjects, we are going to Kansas City to visit family, for a basketball game, an ear piercing, a birthday party, and some good food.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Reuben pizza? Sounds like magic! It's gotta be better than that reuben dip i tried to create for one of your oscar parties. that was a pie tray of puke.

Trent said...

It was great - definitely a keeper!

American Heritage Flags said...

I noticed there was some sunlight post dinner the other day and thought of you! Yay for longer days!

Elizabeth said...

ooops! That was me (Elizabeth) on that previous comment :) Hope you enjoyed the eggs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...