Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 7th, 2012

To overcome my winter boredom I committed to checking out cookbooks from the Library, lots of them.  I then go through them while watching TV and tag recipes I want to try.  I have discovered I have very little patience with cookbooks that do not have a picture of the recipe.  Little patience meaning I page through them at lightening speed with a small chance of selecting any recipes.  Not a flattering attitude for me to have at all.  Will work on that.

This was one of the first of my 2012 new recipe picks.  Trent loves Asian food and I love making soup.  It was a good compromise.

IMG_3489

It was from the book called “Savory Soups and Stews” by Anne Egan. 

IMG_3402

I omitted the water chestnuts (not a fan of their texture…) and added fresh bean sprouts as a garnish on top.  The soup was delicious and satisfying.  It was also healthy and quick to put together.  I took it from my “to try” section of my binder folder and gave it residence in my “Soup” section of my recipe binder.  That’s fairly good real estate.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I couldn't agree more - they gotta have a picture!! (not that I actually cook the food...but I do like to look at it!).

Love me some Asian food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...