Monday, January 23, 2012

December 30th, 2011

I have only had Cioppino, an italian fish stew, once at Charlie Gitto's on The Hill and it was absolutely fantastic.  I always want to order it at restaurants, but it’s normally so pricey and I feel silly paying $25 for a bowl of soup.  I was watching a Rachel Ray show while I was writing out my grocery list and she did a Cioppino for her “what’s for dinner tonight” segment.  It looked delicious and I promptly put the ingredients on my list to tackle. 

IMG_3397

I stuck pretty close to her recipe, but used bacon instead of pancetta and added a can of cannellini beans and petite diced tomatoes.  It was absolutely delicious with a nice big piece of hot crusty bread.  I had quite a few fancy cioppino lunches that week and plan to make it again and again and again…you get the idea, I liked it. 

Rachel Ray's Crab and Cod Cioppino

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...