Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 15th, 2009

If I had to come up with my own lyrics to "These are a Few of My Favorite Things", Maria and I would not have much overlap. Cream colored ponies and bright copper kettles are nice and all, but this lady would pick a little more realistically. In the first verse I would definitely mention lady dinners out. I adore them. I love to enter my non-mommy attire side of the closet, get dinner ready for Trent and the girls, and enter the world of adults with my friends. Last night 6 of us went to McCormick and Schmick's. It was perfect evening weather, so we ate outside, another one of my favorite things. I had a fantastic glass of chardonnay, a cup of seafood and roasted corn chowder, and smoked salmon served with crostinis, onions, capers, tomatoes, and herbed creme fraiche (my favorite brunch selection). It was delicious and while the nice chef prepared our food, I got to catch up with friends, definitely another one of my favorite things. Who needs wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings when you've got a table outside surrounded by friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...