Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 14th, 2009

Yesterday was one of those days and it was Monday, my least favorite day of the week. Lauren was sick and had to miss her first swim practice, so I wanted to make an extra fun dinner for her. One of her favorite foods is stuffed artichokes. So I made those in the afternoon since you have to steam them on the stove for a couple hours. I make them like my mom does, stuff them with herb and garlic breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese. I made chicken gyros as a main course (diced roasted chicken, tzatziki sauce, kalamata olives, spinach, and feta cheese on flatbread). The girls liked the flatbread, but that was about it, I wasn't surprised. Then for dessert I tried a new recipe...smore bars. Graham cracker crust, chocolate middle, a layer of melted down marshmellow, with crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips on top. Holy moly were they good. Too bad I quit allowing myself to eat dessert for breakfast in my college years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...