Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 1st, 2009

Sunday nights at home are just the best. I love cooking on Sunday nights because Trent can either entertain the girls or he likes to be the sous chef, either way, it's great. I try not to put any new recipes in my recipe binder unless I've tried them. Way too many times I'll be looking through my recipes and come across something random like pumpkin seed encrusted salmon with turnip puree. At some point in my life I not only thought it looked good, but decided to keep the recipe and make it. Trent doesn't like salmon, I don't like turnips...and then I'd be stuck with a container of pumpkin seeds in our pantry that I'd have to put out in a bowl for company one night hoping someone would eat them. Then I'd throw the leftovers from the bowl in the compost and have pumpkin vines growing in the herb garden (see, I know what would happen...only because it has). Anyway, new rule is I have to try it before I keep it. So I made cheesy rice fritters over a baby spinach salad with a lemon vinagrette. My sous chef commented it was alot of steps for rice, but I put it in the binder because it's a great and frugal way to use leftover rice from chinese takeout.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I made that comment before actually tasting them - the comment after tasting them is "More, please."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...